7 Tips for Preparing for Your Spring Session in Texas
In Texas, between February and April the weather is always changing, one day its a sunny 70 degrees and then you wake up the next day to a chilly 35 degrees. Well don't worry I've given you some tips to ensure your day is stress free and flawless for your spring session.
1. Wear layers. Spring can be finicky in the sense that you can go from frigid to
over heated in a matter of minutes. Wear layers -- tank top, tee shirt, cardigan,
scarf, etc. That way each family member can peel off, or add, a layer as they see
fit and remain comfortable throughout the session.
2. Location is a big deal. You better believe we're going to take advantage of the
fresh, warm air and all those bud popping up from the ground and in the trees. If
you have any favorite locations, let me know and I always have a nice list on
hand, if you are not quite sure.
3. Play into the colors of the season when choosing your family's outfits. Fresh pops of green, blue, pink and yellow are always a hit in the springtime. We recommend choosing a color theme for the whole gang, then slightly deviating from that with accessories to keep things interesting.
4. Speaking of accessories: wear them! Choose jewelry, scarves, or prints that play into the spring theme. Butterflies, flowers, insects, etc, can make for some super adorable family pictures.
5. Time it right. Book a session too early and you may miss out on those spring
buds. Book too late and you've already wandered into summer territory. Keep an
eye on the weather and give me a call when the time is right. Booking at least 3
weeks in advance is always best.
6. Incorporate props. Spring offers some beautiful backdrops where props blend
in perfectly. For example, old wooden chairs look stunning in a sea of blooming
rose bushes, and a quilted blanket is lovely on the fresh, green grass.
7. Really think about your footwear. Spring can often mean a soggy ground, so flip-flops or heels are not the best choice. Instead, wear something that's comfortable and spring appropriate, like loafers, flats or boots.